I have received great practical and spiritual gain from personal development leaders like Tony Robbins, Phil Laut, Louise Hay, and many others I may list someday in a chronological order to honor the inner journey. But in the 1960s and 1970s and until 1984 Jane Roberts channeled Seth, and the books that were created offered wisdom about our life purpose that was prescient and powerful and which presented many of the very same core ideas as those other leaders have offered us today. Most of all, Seth told us to why we needed to “Take action.”
I first read Seth in 1982, and will never forget the immersion that began then into other ways of seeing, thinking, feeling, believing–and living. Here are some quotes from various books, as posted on the Seth Network International organization, sourced below.
SETH ON CHANGING OUR WORLD FOR THE BETTER:
* …Many people want to change the world for the better, but that ideal seems so awe-inspiring that they think they can make no headway unless they perform some great acts of daring or heroism, or envision themselves in some political or religious place of power, or promote an uprising or rebellion.
* You will often condone quite reprehensible acts if you think they were committed for the sake of a greater good.
* The ideal seems so remote and unreachable that sometimes any means, however reprehensible, eventually can seem justified.
* To change the world for the better, you must begin by changing your own life. There is no other way.
* Every time you affirm the rightness of your own existence, you help others. Your mental states are part of the planet’s psychic atmosphere.
* For a start you will acknowledge your existence in the framework of nature, and to do that you must recognize the vast cooperative processes that connect each species with each other one.